Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stitched Card with Multicolor Pennants

Pennants and sentiment in seven colors, stitched with black thread on kraft.

To make the pennants, I folded white cardstock, then cut triangles (with the fold at the top) approximately 1/2" wide and a bit less than 1" long. I colored them with Copic markers and stitched with black thread and a white bobbin. Normally I would use a matching bobbin, but I like the effect on this card with the specks of white visible.

The sentiment "Celebrate!" is computer-printed on Neenah solar white card stock with Stencil font (black outline only), expanded spacing. I colored the letters with the same Copic colors as the pennants: R29, BG05, YR09, B24, V04, G17, and Y19. My card stock is PaperTrey Ink kraft (card base) and pure poppy (red sentiment layer).

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (092)

No comments: