Friday, August 26, 2011

Pastel Plaid with Black Stitching

Another variation of my "medallion band" design. Simple but effective, I think. For more cards with this basic layout, click on the label at the end of this post.

I used a leftover strip of hand-drawn plaid paper, which I layered onto some soft green and blue. For contrast, I added a black sentiment and some black accents: black dots on the scalloped circle, a black line around the yellow sentiment circle, and black zigzag stitching.

It was hard to scan the colors; in real life the solid card stock is paler, and the solid blue is less turquoise. My card stock is Paper Source leaf (green) and PaperTrey Ink blueberry sky (blue) and lemon tart (yellow). The circle punches are 2" scalloped and 1-1/2" plain. The plaid was drawn freehand with Copic markers G40 and custom colors B2000 and YYR2000 on Neenah solar white card stock. I used Copic multiliner to draw the black line and dots.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (054d)

No comments: