Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Heart Tag with Stripes Card - FTL #151

For my inspiration, see Natasha's sample card for Fall-To Layout #151 on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog. I really enjoyed working with this layout and color combination. Other than using A2 instead of a square shape, I stayed very close to the sketch dimensions.

My solid colors are Papertrey Ink dark chocolate (brown card base), harvest gold, and scarlet jewel (wine). For my striped pattern, I drew lines on Neenah classic cream with wine Copic multiliner and Copic marker R59. The borders on the gold layer are also drawn with wine multiliner and R59.

I also used my Fiskars "imperial" paper edger (scissors), 1/4" office supply hole punch, and EK Success 1" heart punch. The triangle at the top of the tag = the cutout from the bottom. (The horizonally striped piece covers the join.) My "string" is a very narrow strip of cream card stock.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (087)

No comments: