Saturday, March 28, 2015

Burgundy Heart with Aqua on Rose

The aqua lace and oval glow against a rose and burgundy backdrop.  I challenged myself to try this color scheme and to use a small oval piece from my leftovers.  I like the contrast of the bold scale background (large stripes and polka dots) with the more delicate details of the heart-shaped focal point. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) rustic cream, autumn rose, scarlet jewel (burgundy), aqua mist, and the polka dot and bitty dot prints from PTI scarlet jewel pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI limitless layers: 2-1/4" hearts and framed out #8 (the small inner oval).  If I hadn't been using leftovers, I would have cut my oval with framed out #10 die (like the stamp set I used) but #8 has a very similar size and shape.
  • The top of the cream banner is notched with the heart die, to fit the V curve, and the bottom is notched with scissors.
  • Embossing folder is Lifestyle Crafts stripe.
  • The sentiment "missing you today" is from PTI framed out #10, stamped with PTI scarlet jewel ink cube.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (442)

No comments: