Saturday, March 28, 2015

Red Geraniums with Green

For a friend's birthday.  Very simple and beautiful, with luminous colors.  It's my 2009 geranium drawing with a green and red mat.  I tried a few ideas for a sentiment on the card front, but decided to place it inside instead.

 Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white, Paper Source spruce (deep green), and the bitty dot print from Papertrey Ink pure poppy (red) pattern pack.
  • I scanned my original line drawing before coloring, so I can computer-print it on Neenah and color in different ways.  To see more card examples, click here and scroll down.  
  • Today's card is colored like my original, posted here with a list of the Copic marker colors I used. 
While I was coloring, I made an extra for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them."  (435)

No comments: