Friday, March 6, 2015

Landscape with Rainbow

I love this little imaginary landscape, which I drew in 1983 for my mom.  She was taking calligraphy lessons, and we collaborated on a book plate with her "Ex Libris" and my illustration - all in black and white.

I still have a few of the book plates, and I thought it would be fun to color my landscape for a card.  So I scanned the drawing, resized it slightly to fit the die cut frame, and printed it, then colored it with bright Copic marker colors.  I really like it with the "missing you" sentiment.  My mom would have liked it too! 

The only thing I'd like to change is the rainbow, which I colored with red on the bottom when it should be red on top.  Not the first time I've made that mistake, and I'll hope to remember better in the future!  But I guess if my rainbow can have three large stars, it can also have upside-down colors. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white, Papertrey Ink (PTI) smokey shadow (dark gray), new leaf (green), harvest gold (yellow), and the bitty dot print from PTI aqua mist and soft stone (light gray) pattern packs.
  • The sentiment "missing you" is from PTI fillable frames #2, stamped with PTI true black ink cube
  • Dies are PTI fabulous frames
  • If you'd like to know the Copic colors that I used, please leave a comment and I'll be glad to edit my post to add them.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them."

No comments: