Thursday, December 14, 2017

Cardinal on Birch with Blue Dots

A bright cardinal on a birch tree trunk, with blue dotted sky for a simple scene.  The narrow red border strip helps to unify the design.  I'll enjoy using this birch pattern in different color combinations, but for my first time stamping with it, I stayed with natural colors.

I'm taking a bit of a card-making break in December, enjoying the season and also working on my annual Advent calendar.  It's posted here, with updates (at least weekly) as I complete my daily drawings.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) pure poppy (red) and vintage cream.
  • Patterned paper is the polka dot print from PTI blueberry sky (blue) pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • Dies are My Favorite Things many thanks (retired) and PTI winter woods.
  • The cardinal details are stamped with PTI winter woods, using PTI dark chocolate (dark brown) ink cube.  
  • The birch pattern is stamped with PTI background basics: birch, using PTI cocoa bean (medium brown) ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(813)

No comments: