Sunday, December 31, 2017

Gratitude Bookmark


The last day of 2017 seems perfect for posting the "gratitude" themed bookmark I made for a friend.  I'm thankful for all my blessings in 2017, including her friendship.  And I was blessed by another friend's gift of the "counting my blessings" stamps and dies that I used for this project.  (Thank you, Sandy!)  I know that in 2018, too, I'll continue to find blessings and joy each day.

The bookmark is double-sided, with each side monochromatic - one side bright and the other softly subdued.  To reduce bulk and keep it flexible, I used more patterned papers than heavy weight card stock.  The two sides are adhered back to back with scor-tape.  To protect the banner tips, I rounded them slightly with scalloped scissors.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) stamper's select white.
  • Patterned papers are raspberry fizz (bright pink) damask print and ocean tides (muted teal) bitty dot print from PTI pattern packs (tone-on-tone prints - retired) and a pale aqua print from PTI pretty pastels (8x8" pad - retired).
  • Dies are Impression Obsession thankful, PTI counting my blessings (blessed), and the solid die from PTI notched star banner.  I inlaid the "blessed" word. 
  • The sentiment "today because ..." is from PTI counting my blessings, stamped with Hero Arts unicorn white pigment ink pad, then heat embossed with white.  The sentiment "beyond measure" is from the same set, stamped with PTI ocean tides ink cube
(816)

No comments: