Sunday, February 7, 2016

Blue and Green Confetti with Green Eyelet Lace

Today's card is for a Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary Celebration grab and craft challenge.  Using a kitchen timer, I took five minutes to gather a "grab bag" of supplies.  (See photo below.)  To meet the challenge, I needed to make a card with all of the supplies, and no others.

I chose a confetti stamp (new to me) for my background.  It made me think of the bubble-patterned sentiment stamp.  Then the eyelet lace die seemed to go well with the confetti circles.  Six colors of ink and four of card stock, with some metallic gold thread tossed in for fun.

Then "all I needed to do" was design a card.  This is not the way I normally work!  Normally, I would be going back and forth, choosing and changing elements as I go along.  The thread was the hardest for me to use.  Without the challenge, I would have skipped it, but I like the sparkly touch it adds.  My little dark green and dark blue stars look very similar, even in real life, so I didn't really need both colors.  The stamped confetti background was fun to make.  All in all, I'm happy with the card, and I'm glad I gave this challenge a try.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) rustic white, blueberry sky (medium blue), vintage jadeite (light green), and new leaf (medium green).
  • Metallic thread is "or" (gold) by DMC.
  • Die is PTI eyelet lace.
  • The sentiment "thank you" is from PTI wonderful words: thank you, stamped with PTI blueberry sky ink cube
  • The background pattern is PTI confetti toss, stamped with PTI spring rain (light blue), blueberry sky, enchanted evening (dark blue), vintage jadeite, new leaf, and pinefeather (dark green) ink cubes.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(533)

No comments: