Thursday, February 25, 2016

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge: Rectangles, Notched Circle, and Leafy Branch

Some offset geometric shapes, soft colors, textures, a leafy branch ...  a dreamy abstract collage.  In real life, the metallic ribbon is a bright sparkly gold, not silvery like my picture.

For today's Papertrey Ink February blog hop.  The challenge photo below (from Nichole's Capture the Moment blog) inspired me with its colors, shapes, and overlapping layers.  I enjoyed creating my card, and I'm happy with how it captured my inspiration themes.  Thank you, PTI, for the challenge!

Original source: Real Simple Magazine
Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) classic kraft, spring moss (light green), simply chartreuse (medium green), and ripe avocado (dark green), and the leaf print from PTI sweet blush (pink) pattern pack
  • I embossed the kraft card stock with Dreamweavers stencil screen for a woven texture.  See my post here for the technique I used.
  • Dies are PTI branching out (top section) and notched flowers (largest size).
  • Gold tinsel weave ribbon (3/8") came from PTI but is no longer available.
  • Thread is DMC #5 perle cotton in ecru (cream).
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(540)

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Pretty layering of panels!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Nice job with your card.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful clean layout of your pretty card.

Patti said...

Beautiful!! I love the design you created with inspiration from the photo. Simply lovely!!

Patti

Marybeth said...

Beautiful CAS design Cindy! Love it!

Betty Wright said...

Great textures and detailing, Cindy! Lovely card!

Gina said...

I love the ribbon and twine detail down the left side, Cindy. A wonderful card!!

Nancy Penir said...

Great take on the inspiration. Your ribbon and twine are perfect!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great texture & layers!

Kristii said...

Very pretty! Love the texture and all the fabulous details!

Diana K said...

Beautiful, Cindy. You captured the inspiration so well with all your lovely layers and textures. Love this!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Kathy Mc said...

Cindy, this is very striking! I love all the dimension your card provides with textures, shapes and layers. Branching Out is on my wish list and now I need to bump it to the top.