Saturday, February 6, 2016

Brown Branch on Kraft

Edited February 10, 2017 to add: For the Papertrey Ink (PTI) 10th anniversary, we were asked to pick a PTI project from the past 10 years that we are most proud of.  This is one of my top favorites, and I chose it today because it shows many of the things I love about PTI.  Great inspiration and interesting challenges - dies that play so nicely together - gorgeous rich card stock colors - versatile tone on tone patterned paper - stamps in simple but lovely fonts - ink that truly matches the card stock colors.  And I'm proud of it because it's beautiful! and it stretched my creativity to make it.  

It's the Papertrey Ink (PTI) 9th Anniversary celebration with ten days of challenges on Nichole's Capture the Moment blog.  PTI is, by far, my favorite source for papers, dies, inks, and stamps for my card making.  Classic designs, great quality, and beautiful inspiration.

My card is for the Feb. 5 challenge with Design Team Favorites color inspiration.  It's Danielle's color scheme of Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Melon Berry, Scarlet Jewel and Summer Sunrise.   I love the rich deep colors with the bright starry accents.  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) dark chocolate (brown), classic kraft, summer sunrise (yellow), melon berry (light orange - less pink than my image), scarlet jewel (burgundy), and the stripes print from PTI scarlet jewel pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI tipped tops (smallest size), branching out, and star gazer (button shapes).  The buttonholes are covered with little stars that I punched with a Fiskars hand punch.
  • I inlaid the kraft shape into the stripes, making a flat surface for the branch.
  • The sentiment "hello" is from PTI winter woods, stamped with PTI scarlet jewel ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(531)

1 comment:

Diana K said...

So pretty, Cindy. It's a great design and I love the colour combo that you went with!