Saturday, February 6, 2016

Multicolor Tweed Patchwork

Today's challenge for the Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary celebration is to use a favorite piece of clothing as inspiration.  My multicolored cotton jacket, below, has been in my wardrobe for years, and I really enjoy wearing it.  It goes with everything, fits me beautifully, and gets many compliments.

I thought it would be fun to create a card with bright tweedy patchwork and colorful thread slubs.  My jacket looks great with khaki pants, so I chose kraft for my card base.  I was happily surprised with the finished card.  I like it a lot.  And it makes me smile, just like the jacket does!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) classic kraft, tropical teal, fine linen (tan), lemon tart (yellow), melon berry (light orange), and aqua mist.
  • Embroidery floss is DMC #721, 3281, and 3804.
  • I stamped my tweedy squares with the stripes and banners from PTI bitty background blocks II, using PTI raspberry fizz (pink), orange zest, and tropical teal ink cubes.
  • The sentiment "hello" is from PTI polka dot parade #2, stamped with PTI tropical teal ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(532)

2 comments:

Jeni Jenne said...

Oh my goodness, I am loving everyone's ideas and how they are recreating their inspiration pieces. Great texture and color with your project!

Judi G said...

I love the tweedy look you created! It really looks like fabric and makes a beautiful card!